Egg Freezing at the Fertility Center
Women needing assisted reproduction have an alternative for preserving their fertility and starting families later in life.
Eggs retrieved from a woman’s body can be cryogenically preserved before fertilization and result in healthy pregnancies down the road.
The Fertility Center offers a proven technology for egg freezing through a partnership with the Frozen Egg Bank, one of the nation’s leading cryopreservation programs.
Advantages of Egg Banking
Egg preservation offers several advantages:
- Cancer patients can safeguard their fertility before undergoing surgery, radiation, or chemotherapy
- Women concerned about decreased chances of pregnancy after age 35 can preserve their fertility
- Frozen eggs can be thawed and fertilized as needed with resulting embryos transferred
- Additional attempts at pregnancy are more affordable than repeating egg-stimulation therapy
- Frozen, unfertilized eggs can be discarded without the moral issues surrounding fertilized embryos
For more information on egg preservation at the Fertility Center, please contact our embryologist, Susan Walker, at (423) 899-0500 ext. 215 or enter your information into the contact form below.