Your First Appointment at the Fertility Center
We understand that your first appointment can be an overwhelming experience and that knowing what to expect can help make things easier. The sections below outline how to book your appointment and what you can anticipate during your initial visit.
While many of our patients are referred by their doctors, families, or friends, no referral is needed to book your first appointment at the Fertility Center of Chattanooga and Knoxville.
Booking Your Appointment
To book your appointment, give our offices a call at (423) 899-0500 for Chattanooga or (865) 692-3433 for Knoxville, or complete the form on our Contact page. If you complete the contact form, someone from our office will give you a call as soon as possible to schedule your appointment.
Expect to spend a few minutes on the phone while we gather the necessary information and enter you into our eIVF patient portal. This saves time on your appointment day. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Your insurance card (if applicable). We’ll need your ID number, the policyholder’s information, and a contact number for your company.
- Your spouse or partner’s information (if applicable). This is especially important for fertility patients.
- A calendar. Let’s make sure we can find a day that works for you.
eIVF Patient Portal
After your appointment is scheduled, you will receive an email with instructions for accessing our eIVF patient portal and completing our electronic medical records. This information is crucial to your first appointment, and we request that it be completed ahead of time so the doctor can review it before he sees you. If you are unable to complete this information before your appointment, please arrive at least 30 minutes early to complete it in our office.
The Day of Your Appointment
In general, new patient appointments last about 90 minutes. You’ll see the doctor, and then, if you’re coming for a fertility consult, you’ll spend time with one of our financial consultants reviewing your insurance coverage and the costs related to your doctor’s recommendations. Here’s what to bring with you:
- Your medical records. If possible, bring a printed copy of your records with you, or even better, have your doctor’s office fax them to us beforehand.
- Your driver’s license and insurance card. We’ll need copies of these.
- Your spouse or partner (if applicable). If you’re a fertility patient, it’s helpful for the doctor if your spouse or partner comes with you, and it makes your first appointment more productive.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When should I arrive?
If possible, please arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time, even if you have already completed your online registration. You will need to complete some paperwork that requires signatures.
Will I have labs drawn or an exam?
These are not standard during your first appointment, but if the doctor deems certain tests necessary and your schedule allows, they may be added.
What will the appointment cost?
Our financial specialists will verify your insurance coverage prior to your appointment and contact you with an estimate of your costs. The maximum cost of an initial consult is $275. We are committed to being upfront about all costs so patients aren’t caught off guard or overwhelmed.